Sea moss has become increasingly popular due to Dr. Sebi’s teachings on the healing properties of sea moss.
Sea Moss Benefits
- Sea Moss contains 92 of the 102 minerals that our bodies need like zinc, iodine, iron, and more!
- It is rich in amino acids, vitamin C, vitamin A, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and minerals.
- It helps reduce inflammation
- It helps your body get rid of excess mucus (which is great, especially when you have a cold!)
- It is great for respiratory health
- It helps get rid of bad bacteria in the gut and increases digestive health
- When applied to the skin, it helps improve eczema, psoriasis, and acne breakouts
Okay now let's get to the part we've all been waiting for. How exactly can I use sea moss?
Sea moss A.K.A. "Vegan Gelatin" can be used as a thickening agent while cooking, such as in stews, fruit filled pastries, jams,homemade popsicles,smoothies, drinks and SO much more! It will give you the perfect consistency while adding hundreds of vitamins and minerals to your favorite dish!
Don't forget to feed your plants! Add a tablespoon of sea moss in your plants' water! Your vegetable garden and even your indoor plants will love this nutrition!
Sea moss can also be great for your skin and hair! Nicknamed as the vegan collagen it will give you beautiful results! Use it as a facial and hair mask! About once or twice a week mix a tablespoon of sea moss gel with a teaspoon of turmeric. Apply to your face and let it sit for a good 15 minutes, then rinse thoroughly and pat dry! This will brighten + smooth your skin and give you that natural glow! Since sea moss will moisturize and the turmeric will reduce break outs with its antibacterial agents!
Jamacian Irish Sea Moss Drink, also known as a love potion, is made with a blend of non-dairy milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla. It is super tasty, vegan, and gluten-free!
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 5 mins
- 2/3 cup Sea Moss Gel
- 1 1/2 cup Almond Milk (or any other non-dairy milk)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Cream
- 3 Pitted Dates
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth
- Add more almond milk if it is too thick. Enjoy!
- To make Sea Moss Gel, follow my recipe here.
- You can store the drink in an airtight mason jar in the fridge for up to 48 hours.
- Feel free to add more maple syrup to sweetened the drink to your liking.
- You can also enjoy the drink warm by pouring the mixture in a saucepan and warming over medium-low heat.
Check Out Coconut Heaven Organics' Authentic Sea Moss Gel!